Hayden’s were commissioned by Essex County Council to undertake a review of the Tree Preservation Orders (TPO’s) with Colchester Borough Council executive area prior to the revocation of all Essex County Council Tree Preservation Orders.
- Desktop review of all TPO’s within Colchester Borough Council.
- Liaison with Colchester Borough Council and Essex County Council Arboricultural Officers.
- Preparation of project management plan and timetable for review of TPO’s.
- Inspection, assessment (TEMPO)* and plotting of TPO’s using digital GPS plotting equipment (Trimble handheld GPS units).
- Liaison with members of public.
- Preparation and presentation of data in format suitable for GIS to Colchester Borough Council.
Given the impeding revocation of the Essex Tree Preservation Orders there was a clear need for a fast, clear and accurate assessment of all the relevant TPO’S within the Colchester Borough Council. Through the use of the our hand held Trimble GPS equipment we could undertake a fast but extremely accurate assessment of the trees and provide the necessary data to the client in a digital format suitable for import onto the client’s GIS system. Given this all the survey work and data collection was completed and submitted within the tight timescales of the project.
- Client – Essex County Council
- The Broads Authority