Since 2007 Hayden’s have provided an in-house Arboricultural Consultancy service to the Broads Authority. Working within the Planning and Development Management Team we provide a comprehensive arboricultural service dealing with all tree and planning related issues, namely:
- Management of all Tree Preservation Orders (TPO’s) including assessment, designation, applications and appeals.
- Tree Preservation Order review – revocation and reserving of new, updated TPO’s.
- Management of Conservation Area Section 211 Notices - Notifications of works to trees within Conservation Areas.
- Consultation on planning applications.
- Site visit and detailed inspection of trees, woodlands and hedges as part of planning applications.
- Review and assessment of all arboricultural submissions submitted as part of planning applications and liaison with members of the planning team.
- Liaison with applicant project/design teams comprising client, architect, planning consultant, landscape architect.
- Preparation of presentations for planning committees.
- Consultation and preparation and presentation of evidence at planning appeals and enquiries.
- Consultation on and provision of arboricultural input for planning enforcement and prosecution cases.
- Liaison with all other department requiring arboricultural advice, (rangers and ecologists) .
- Provision of general arboricultural advice to the public.
- Representation of the Broads Authority on the Norfolk Tree & Landscape Group (Not-a-log) and the National Parks Tree and Woodland Group.
Given the comprehensive nature of the service provided to the Broads Authority and the budgetary constraints, a structured and well organised system of consultation and review is essential. Hayden’s provide office and administrative back up on a daily basis with the consultant visiting the Broads office one day a week to pick up the case load, discuss ongoing applications with the case officers and undertake site visits. All necessary advice and consultation is emailed to the officers following site visits. Hayden’s provides a five day a week advice line for both the Broads Authority Officers and the public. Hayden’s have successfully re-tendered for the next three years with the Broads Authority.
- Client – The Broads Authority
- East Cambridgeshire District Council
- East Northamptonshire District Council
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- Babergh District Council