Hayden’s were commissioned to undertake a Health and Safety Audit and Management Plan of all trees within a private garden abutting both adjacent properties and a public highway. Following purchase of the property the owner became aware of a number of trees in poor condition and contacted Hayden’s for advice. Following the initial meeting, walk around and inspection of the trees in the garden with the client, we produced a project proposal for the immediate management of the trees at risk and a programme of inspection and works for the ongoing management of the trees within the garden. The initial site visit and tree inspection, associated schedule of trees and schedule of necessary tree works was produced for the whole site and all the works undertaken within the first year. All non-immediate works were given a priority and identified on plans. Following the initial urgent tree works a three to five year rolling programme of tree inspection and works was agreed to comply with budgetary constraints, without compromising the ongoing health and safety of both the trees, people and property in the immediate vicinity.
- Initial meeting with client, inspection of trees and adjacent properties.
- Preparation of a project plan/proposal for the management of the health and safety of trees on the site.
- Initial site visit and inspection of trees.
- Preparation of Tree Survey (Health and Safety) Report and associated plans (1. Works Priority Plan, 2. Safe Useful Life Expectancy Plan).
- Preparation of a three to five year rolling programme of tree inspection and management to comply with budgetary constraints.
- Specification and tendering of necessary tree works in liaison with the client.
- Liaison with local planning authority with regards tree protection and applications for works to protected trees (tree preservation orders/conservation areas).
Given the private, personal preferences of the client with regards the garden and its future management we were very careful not to impose our recommendations on the client. Through an ongoing dialogue with the client we are able to ensure that they get what they want from the garden whilst ensuring that the health and safety of the trees is managed to reduce risk to the family and adjacent properties to a minimum. An early assessment of the key areas of risk within the garden together with an assessment of the levels of both public and resident access below and adjacent to trees within the garden allowed for targeted management of the trees, thereby keeping ongoing costs to a minimum whilst ensuring the safety of the trees.
Private residential Property